Join our hive!
To learn more/apply you can email JoinUs@BurtsBeesBaby.com
Assistant Designer – Infant & Toddler Apparel
- Assistant Apparel Designer
- No phone calls, no recruiters.
- Please thoroughly evaluate the job criteria before applying.
- Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid - 3 days remote, 2 days in-office
- Fast-growing new stage infant, toddler, and children’s wear company is seeking a creative and dynamic assistant designer.
- This role is responsible for supporting design team in functions necessary to execute the design process.
- Assist and support the Design team in the development of ideas and trends that support the brand.
- Exceptional quantitative sense of color. Responsible for all stages of color approvals including lab dips, yarn skeins, trims, knit downs, and final production bulk submissions.
- Maintain records of approvals and final production bulk submissions.
- Assist in creating technical packages and artwork mill sheets.
- Owns CAD development.
- Takes photos of salesman samples and pre-production samples.
- Sit in on all fittings with design team and technical designer.
- Creates market presentations and filters in-house design requests.
- Daily communication and collaboration with Product Development and overseas factories.
- Basic knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, and measuring.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent follow-up, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow.
- Positive can-do attitude and team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design or related field
- Entry level, 1-2 years experience preferred
- Highly competent in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Cover Letter is optional.
- Watercolor painting and hand drawing skills a plus.